Here’s the thing. We all know how to lose weight. You probably know more than me. We’ve done the gluten free, the keto, the HIIT workouts, etc. For me, it’s really been about finding a sustainable way to live my life, especially during the pandemic when our favorite gyms are closing around us and stress sends us straight to the couch for a Netflix binge.
And here’s the thing. I’m still a curvy girl, just with a little less sand in my hourglass 🙂 I believe beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, ages, skintones and more. Since some people have asked, here were the things that worked for me. As always, check with your doctor and all that good stuff. It can be overwhelming, believe me, I KNOW! Start with one or two things and build from there.
- Trader Joe’s. I love Trader Joe’s because, well, it’s amazing. I found this nutritionist-designed food system completely based on Trader Joe’s, complete with shopping list and meal plans. I have a code for you “VanityGirl” for 50% off your first month and doors close on January 20th 11:59 PST.
- Pelaton App. I am a Pelaton junkie and right now they are offering 2 months free. No, I do not have the bike. I mainly do hiking (in the Hollywood Hills), strength, stretching, meditation and now, Pilates.
- WW. For those that decide to do this, I follow the blue plan. Yes, I do the Trader Joe’s food plan in conjunction with WW – it serves as my tracker since I hate counting calories.
- Sleep Smarter. This one is so important. I strive for 7-8 hours of sleep a night but I don’t always get it, especially when I am stressed out. So, I have created a nighttime ritual that really helps, starting with a warm shower and lavendar body oil slathered in my skin to soak in overnight.
- 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week. That’s what I strive to get in exercise-wise during the week. By the time I add in stretching (before and after) it actually comes to more like 45 minutes a day, but mentally 30 minutes sounds so much more appealing.
- Intermittent Fasting. I try and eat between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m., that way my body is in a fasting state for 16 hours a day.
- Water. You know this one already. Drink more water. I struggle with this one. I am Diet Coke addict but hey, we are all a work in progress in one way or another.
- Love yo’self. Right here, right now. Because then you will make better choices. Rebecca Kennedy on the Pelaton app is so uplifting and positive, I feel like she’s rewiring my brain while getting me up that hill on a hike. If no one else tells you, I believe in you!
That’s it for now – I hope one or more of these resources work for you if you are on this journey. If you want some 1:1 coaching from someone who understands, email here. Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions or want more on any of the above!